My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://AussieRebecca.com
and update your bookmarks.

I grew up at the beach in Australia and am now living with my American husband (JD) in Southern California.

We met on vacation in New Zealand and have always loved to travel. Having kids has slowed us down.... just a little.

Both kids have been back to Australia multiple times and a couple of cruises each and always want to know when we are going to the hotel again.... this is our story.

I am in the process of retiring this blog. Come join me at Aussie Rebecca

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We live in one of the 5 most expensive cities in America

Having travelled around America and after talking to friends and family in other parts of the country, I have always thought it was much more expensive to live in Thousand Oaks, CA. Well this week it was confirmed in an article by Francesca Levy for Forbes.com

It appears out town is number 3 with the median monthly housing costs at $1,780.

Personally I would be ecstatic if that was our total monthly housing costs. You would be hard pressed in Thousand Oaks to rent for under $2,000 per month and with average home prices still at around $550,000 it could easily be closer to $3,000 per month.

You can read more about where Americans Pay Most to Live here

No comments:

Post a Comment